Sunday, December 30, 2007

having arthritis is lonely

Tonight is a hard night to get through. I'm not feeling so well. The two joints in the fingers are swollen and pink in every finger. I can describe the pain as a rubber band being wrapped around the joint so tight that its cutting off blood flow. That pressure and pain is what im feeling. When I walk and put pressure on my right hip it gives me surge of pain that makes my leg collapse. My left foot is also sore. The bones in my foot are so sore that i cant roll the foot in any way. Other sore bones include my right shoulder and collar bone, upper spine and neck, and achy knees. This nasty jersey weather is not working anymore. I need to move to florida! Having this disease is very lonely. In the US only 300,000 kids have Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. Of course I had to be a rarity. Not a lot of people know about nor do they understand it. That is one thing that makes this disease so lonely. It's not just an achy joint. It can be fevers, a rash, anemia, organ problems and so much more. The arthritis alone will make one tired but hell being anemic to knocks you off your feet. Its not so much fun here on the floor. I like to say I live for moments because sometimes this disease is all that it allows. Moments of barely no pain to explore the city for a day or moments of time to have good laughs at the movies with friends. What do I want for the new year??? ........MORE MOMENTS!

No comments: