Sunday, December 30, 2007

regular doctor visit

Friday, was my every 2month visit to the rheumatologist. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. On July 10 I was 21 so that ment I was no longer able to see my pediatric doctor :(.although I like my new doctor, things were different at the pediatric hospital. I was looked at more closely where as now I almost feel like the doctors I have now are just there to write me perscriptions. Since January of 2007 I have been flaring pretty bad. I'm having difficulty find a medicine that will control my disease. The newest drug is Orencia. Its given through IV every month. I'm on my 4th month now and i'm still suffering with pain. I thought at this visit she would tell me its not working now all that is left is an injection everday. This girl does not do very well with shots! Luckily that wasn't the case but she did say that alot of people dont get the benfits from orencia til 6 months and are still getiing them a year to 2 years later! That a long time to suffer! So for now Im on prednisone the devil's drug. I refuse to go above 15mg because of the weight gain but its the one drug keeping me from being stuck in a bed all day. So I figure I have 2 months til i feel a big benefit from orencia. It's hard to live this rollercoaster of one day being ok and the next being too weak or sore but i'll do cause like I tell everyone there is no other choice.

No comments: